Thursday, September 27, 2018

September 27, 2018

It has been a little while, but that is about right for me.


Writing has never been something that I was good or really enjoyed.  But when you need to get your feelings you write.  Let’s face it, I can only talk to myself for so long before people think I should be committed. 

Music is something that I love.  I love really listening to the words and understanding them.  My perspective has changed since Carsen’s death.  Songs that I liked, but really didn’t relate too now have a new meaning.  Some songs that I have heard a million times didn’t even come to mind until I heard them and then they hit me like a ton of bricks.  “One More Day” by Diamond Rio is one of those songs.  I didn’t even think of it.  I heard it one day while listening to country music and it was exactly how I felt.  I just needed one more day, but after that I would need one more and then one more.  “One more day” would never be enough.  I needed my lifetime with my son.  But I will get eternity, but once again this limited human perspective can’t wrap my head around that this is a short time.  It has been 2 months and it already feels like an eternity.  I just want one more hug.  One more kiss on my cheek.  An “I love you, mama.” But for now, I will just have to remember that wonderful boy who was never afraid to tell his mama he loved me and give me a hug and kiss, even in front of his teammates and being a tough teenage boy.

If I could offer any advice, it would be to turn off the electronics as much as possible.  Hug more, say I love you more, kiss more, talk more, snuggle more and talk more.  We all know that life can change in a blink of an eye, but it wasn’t ever going to happen to me.  Not my story.  This only happens to other people.  Well, it happens to other people and my people.  You don’t get to choose.  You don’t get to opt out.  So, take that “one more day” you have and love your family.  Hold them even when you want to kick them. 



No comments:

Live Traffic Feed