Monday, December 3, 2018

The reason for the season

Last Sunday my son filled in for the scripture in primary.  The theme for the month is of course the birth of Jesus Christ.  So I had him read out of 2 Nephi (the Book of Mormon) 19:6.  (It is also found in Isaiah 9:6--Nephi's brother Jacob loved Isaiah and his writings and quotes him a lot.)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." 

This year I will have to draw on this scripture a lot.  Because the Savior was born it started the process of saving us.  Not only saving us spiritually but also physically.  He knows how hard it has been for me to overcome grief and he knows that the road ahead will still be hard.  He has walked this road already and is again walking it with me and my family.  He died so he could break the bands of death.  He died so my son would live again.  He died so each of my children would live again.  He died so that I could live again and also my husband.  But first he had to live.  And he did. 

I am trying to love this season and all the joy that is there.  But it is hard when there will be someone missing from all the activities.  But in reality he will be there and is there when the need arises. 

I love my Savior and the sacrifice He made for me and my family so we can be together forever.

O Holy Night

The Piano Guys ft Craig Aven

No comments:

Live Traffic Feed